Saturday, November 24, 2007

Queen of the Unfinished...

I cannot believe I haven't posted for over a month!
It's a been a big month...
~Career choices to be made.
~Relationship decisions... trouble in paradise.
~Assessment 'season' at work, therefore many an evening and weekend spent marking essays and exams and other school-related things.
~Teachers' Strike on Wednesday - I hope you saw my mum on TV! Intergenerational Unionism, I like it!!
~ The depression battle continues to rear its ugly head at times... certainly disrupts one's life on occasion.
~ Two friends leaving for Norway for a year or two, and another two friends have just arrived from Scotland.
~ Year 8 Camp for a week... fun and games (and lots of stern teacher-voice-talking-to's-and-angry-eyes) in the bush with the mozzies and leeches and tents and camp food (yuck!) but lots of laughs, plus 6 hours in emergency with a student who had broken his arm on the first day, poor little possum!
~ The Chill Island Festival at Phillip Island... blissfully relaxing and great music. (and clearly lots of dancing as you can see below!)
~ Spring Racing Carnival - Stakes Day at Flemington with the gorgeous Elissa and then the Healesville Country Races with a busload of drunken teachers from work (they are the worst kind of teachers - drunk, sunburnt and rowdy!)
~ Domesticity such as new bedlinen (mmm!) and a wardrobe cleanout. I've decided that domesticity is not a necessary part of my life, but it is indeed the way in which I procrastinate best. "Oh, I have to change the sheets, vacuum the house and clean out my wardrobe before I can mark those exams. I HAVE to have cleanliness to work!" - that's my justification!!

No comments: