Friday, August 8, 2008

First Etsy Purchase...

Oooh, this could be bad. Very bad. Etsy browsing is very addictive, more addictive than eBay and Applebox browsing. You know why? Because I LOVE all things handmade - it's why when I go to markets, I am only allowed to take a certain amount of cash, because I will buy waaaaay too much stuff. And to be honest, as much as I love 'stuff' of all kinds, there comes a point when one probably has enough 'stuff'. I realised this when I moved house a few months ago (hence my lack of posts in blogland - things were a bit stressful for a while there) - I had to pack box after box of my STUFF and when I finally got to my new (beautiful) house, I was so tired and busy with work that only my essential items were unpacked. The boxes labelled 'stuff' and 'misc.' were left untouched for some weeks before I found the time and energy to deal with them. And when I did, I found it hard to put them in their new homes, in shelves and on mantles and on my desk... and my dressing table, and in the kitchen, and even the bathroom. (Every bathroom needs knick knack stuff, don't you think?)

Anyway, I digress...
I have decided to only buy things from Etsy that I really, truly, absolutely love, or things that I can make into other things. I love looking at everything in the supplies section, it is heavenly, not to mention inspiring!
I haven't snapped any pics of my purchases yet but I will be sure to over the weekend and add them to the post. It is just so exciting to receive packages in the mail after buying them days before. It's delayed purchase-gratification!

Must continue working my 'real' job (which pays for all the 'stuff')... Hooray for Friday! xx

3 comments:

CassieMarie said...

Ahh, you are so right! Etsy is super duper addicting. I find myself browsing and wanting to buy things I don't need just because it's handmade and it has like it's own little soul, lol. Cute stuff you have by the way, now I will browsing you, lol. :)

My Charlie Girl said...

Yep, yep!
Soooooo addictive!!
And i love buying handmade to, it feels so much better than buying mass factory produced.

xxx

Drewzel said...

LOVE Etsy! Yep, it's so easy to empty your bank account there :P