Friday, July 20, 2007

Euro House Party Preparations

Oh yes, the day of the party is here!
We are having a European-themed party at our place tonight, to welcome 2 new housemates and... well... actually, there is no other reason except we like house parties!
There should be more house parties I think.
Benefits of house parties:

  • cheap drinks
  • plenty of couches
  • you can play the music you like
  • you can have a fire in the backyard
  • you can dress up and look ridiculous and not worry about other people out and about thinking that you really do like dressing like Abba.
  • you can be totally inappropriate whenever you want and (generally) you won't get thrown out.
  • if it's your party you can go to bed when you are sick of it and not have to battle every single other drunk person for a cab home
  • you can decorate as you wish!

My preparations thus far have basically been cleaning the house, weeding the garden (MAMMOTH TASK!) tidying the garden, organising an outdoor fire heater, stringing up a canopy of fairylights for the hallway and trying to convince my brother/housemate to make a 3D Eiffel Tower. And the COSTUMES!!... I would really like to give away the secret of what we are all planning but I cannot. After the party I will post the pictures and spill the beans. All I can say is, I will not be recognisable!
So, tonight...

  • Get final finishing touches for costumes for myself, brother & housemate
  • Buy firewood
  • Buy extra toilet paper (the few flaws of a houseparty are that there is always a line for the toilet, the paper always runs out, the carpet is always filthy and the bunnies are always cuddled far too much by strangers)
  • Tidy house & my room
  • make a playlist for my music and fight the boys for even airtime on the stereo!
  • Light fire
  • Re-gaffer-tape the fairy lights in the hallway as they are falling down... and I think this is possibly a hazard.
  • Buy ice, booze and snacky dip things
  • get dressed into costume!! YAY!!

What will the party entail for me?

  • 8pm: Begin drinking, answering front door and welcoming guests
  • Drink some more
  • 9pm: poke fire a bit, but not really know what I am doing
  • 10pm: attempt some guitar playing and/or singing
  • welcome more guests... have another drink
  • 11pm: adjust wig and/or costume in frustrated and un-ladylike fashion
  • 12am: get a bit dirty playing chasey in the garden, dangerously close to fire heater
  • 1am: complain about rain
  • have another drink
  • perhaps another drink?
  • 2am: dancing in the dining room.
  • 3am: fall over
  • 4am: crawl into bed.
So, tomorrow or Sunday I will post photos and details of the fabulous Euro party for all and sunder to see and laugh at.

Au revoir!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe steph: you never know... the bunnies could be partying too while you are not watching!

sounds like you are in for a fab night!

spices for violet said...

The bunnies were offered some soft drink by someone and now they both have sticky chins! I'm sure that's bad for their teeth!! It was an OK night... no dancing on dining room tables but quite a lot of poncing about in a Heidi costume!