Sunday, July 8, 2007

Numero Uno

Ah, Sunday - Pyjama day! I'm at my dad's with the dogs and bunnies and giant cat Sparkle, my boyfriend, stepmum and father... siblings are elsewhere so I am an only child for the first time since I was about 6. How odd!
Here I would like to show interested people what I make, find, discover and feel. Sound OK to you?
I've decided on the name Spice & Violet for anything I make.
At the moment I am making cards from vintage paper and things, purchased at Meet Me At Mikes on Bridge Rd in Richmond.(http://meetmeatmikes.blogspot.com) I've also rescued old playing cards, board games, buttons, free postcards and old stamps. Each card is completely individual and unique.
Once I have completed a few of them (I'm still hunting for bits and pieces and need to buy a decent hole punch to weave some pretty ribbons on) I will take photos and post them here for some feedback.

What else do I make?
  • Beaded jewellery
  • Wire and bead tiaras for little people who like to be fairies
  • Collages
  • Small squares of knitting which I hope to stitch together to make something large and warm!

What would I like to make?

  • A patchwork blanket of all my old band/gig t-shirts which I no longer wear
  • A stencil for my coffee table.

That's all for now folks.

Au revoir.

Steph

No comments: