Saturday, January 26, 2008

Hot Saturday afternoon... & good news!

Today I am spending the day listening to the radio - Triple J - listening to the the top 100 songs of 2007. We've had a BBQ of "Aussie burgers" (rissoles shaped like Aus.) & Haggis burgers, a tribute to our Scottish lass friend Angela. I'm currently sitting at Jag's PC with a glass of wine, radio turned up, sweat beading on forehead!

In other news, Jag has designed the lovely logo for me for "Spices for Violet" and we have looked into getting it made into a rubber stamp, so I can stamp the cards I make, as well as getting some fabric paint/ink and stamping fabric garments that I make... the best ideas and conversations emerge after a few glasses of wine!

Also, Amelia has invited me to contribute to the Melbourne Op Shopping Blog, "I Op, Therefore I Am", which is quite exciting! I hope anyone who reads my blog will also read the other blog, as it's exciting to see what others have found in op-shops as well as reading the good banter that goes on. I look forward to writing my first post (with no wine beforehand, he he he!) and hope it keeps me lurking around op-shops on a regular basis.

As you can see, my blog has undergone a bit of a transformation as I have begun to focus far more on "makings & findings" as opposed to random thoughts. I'd really like some feedback on getting my stuff out there - Cards & bags are my strengths - so if you read this and have some advice on where to sell, how to get it out there and how to run it all, please leave a comment.

Happy Reconciliation Day! (I like to say that, as opposed to Australia Day - we can only hope that one day it will be a reconciled country with our indigenous Australians)

Cheers! x

1 comment:

Drewzel said...

I love the logo, that will look great as a rubber stamp!