Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Oh Sew Busy!

OK, so I have picked up sewing again... the most experience I've had with sewing until 2 weeks ago was year 10 textiles when I made a lovely a-line skirt, button holes and all, and then I ironed it too hot and it went shiny and yucky. Hmm.
Recently, I've had an OVERWHELMING urge to sew, so I holed myself up at mum's in Leongatha while she was away, hit the country op shops in search of fabric, sheets and pillowcases, made an almighty mess and sewed up a storm!
I'm not sure where the obsession with printed sheets & pillow cases emerged from but I have built up quite a collection... Here is the first of the pics... more to come!
Practising various stitches & learning to sew something! Pillowcase (above) & sheet sets (below) both op-shop finds.
Sheets from the op shop (below)
Nice orange table cloth from the op-shop (not sure what to do with it yet!)
Pillow slip (below) from the op-shop...
...has found a new lease of life as a beach bag! (& now has a little zippered purse to match too!)

3 comments:

Drewzel said...

Your op-shop finds and the bag look fab! Can't wait to see the stuff you make as you begin to sew more and more (it's addictive!!)

Robyn said...

Where do you FIND those gorgeous sheets? All I ever find are crap.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.