Saturday, January 26, 2008

Vintage Sheridan!

I found the quilt cover (vintage Sheridan no less!) in a Healesville op-shop. It is by far the SOFTEST and LOVELIEST quilt cover to sleep under, despite the hot nights, I am still inclined to snuggle up under it. The top end is quite worn, probably from being used so much, but I really don't care. It is a lovely floral print... all for a grand total of $5. With a good wash and some sunshine, it smells lovely too!
The pillowcases don't match but they are the same era I suspect, and in the same kinds of colours - mauves, blues, greens - I love my new hotch-potch bed!
Note the pics of Jag & I on the wall - all our photo booth snaps from our time together. Aw...

1 comment:

Tanja said...

I love your quilt cover. I recognise it - I have two pillowcases which match it, and my folks have two single bed quilt covers, maybe even some sheets. Or maybe I have a single cover? Mmm, not sure.

Isn't it pretty! I didn't realise it was Sheridan, but I just checked and mine are too (not just a rip-off like I feared, lol).

Enjoy. It's just lovely. And I really like the eclectic mix of bedding - it works.