Sunday, April 6, 2008

Screenprinting Saturday

Jag and I spent Friday and yesterday at mum's house to do some screenprinting. It was something that was fairly new to us both and mum was a great teacher. We created our stencils on Adobe Illustrator and then cut them out by hand. We screen printed t-shirts for ourselves and friends, as well as printing on lengths of fabric and some paper. I am going to use my fabric prints on bags I think.

What a great team!

Mum demonstrates the hand position.


My pink owls turned out really well - super-cute!


My favourite pic - mum and I being arty together!

Below: Jag's fantastic stencil of a shooting target.


The pink top above is one of my PJ tops - I thought it could do with sprucing up!

Below are my favourites - the black bunny worked out so well. On the slightly ribbed fabric it had a more washed out appearance. On plain cotton it looked great.

Above: My prints on paper.

Below: My face-washing bunny print on a blue top.

(NB: I got my tops/t-shirts from Rivers, except my Bonds chesty singlet. Jag got his men's t-shirts from Kmart.)

Above: Face washing bunny on purple spotted cotton poplin, and the black bunny face on white cotton poplin. I think they will make excellent panels or pockets on bags!

5 comments:

Cass said...

I love your printing especially the owls

JustJess said...

These are fantastic - rabbits especially. Thanks for commenting on my blog so I could find you! You do beautiful work!

Drewzel said...

I love the rabbit t-shirt!
And the owl ...super cute!

Kirsty said...

I love these images of your crafty screen printing fun - it looks so much fun & the results are fabulous.

Ruby Khan said...

Love the owls!