Sunday, April 20, 2008

Skirt and Shirt Market - Peta Pledger

Today I ventured to the Shirt and Skirt Market at the Abbotsford Convent after seeing the flyer for Peta Pledger on the Meet Me At Mike's blog.
I found a lot of the stuff there very arty and "samey" - lots of jewellery, clothing, bags and other accessories, but nothing really that I hadn't seen before... EXCEPT for Peta's little stall... Gorgeous! I have decided I like shirts a lot more than just t-shirts - something with flow or structure suits me far better than clingy tops or certain stretchy fabrics.
The amazing thing was, before I even began looking at her stock, Peta asked if I was a friend of Gemma Jones... which baffled me until I realised it was probably because I was wearing some of the badges I made at Gemma's Kaotic Kraft Kuties badgemaking day a month ago! Peta recognised the Wonderwoman badges from somewhere online, which was a bit flattering... aw, shucks!
So, I got this top for a song, and as a token of friendship, a little brooch that says "sweetheart". I owe Peta some Wonderwoman badges as a thank you!
Why I like the little empire of Peta Pledger:
1. It's cute.
2. It's VERY well made.
3. She makes clothes in sizes for all kinds of ladies, including D-cup boobies and rounded bellies!
4. Her colours, fabrics and cuts are gorgeous.
5. She's friendly & super-generous, especially with encouragement!
I will post some pics when I have marked more essays... boo hoo to working on a Sunday!
Peta and I also had a chat about me starting to sell some stuff on Etsy and/or Madeit.com, and some of the ways I can make contacts.
Thank you Peta for a lovely, encouraging chat, and for a fantastic item of clothing at a brilliant price! xx

1 comment:

petapledger said...

Thank you for your sweet words, Steph.

Send me a snap of you wearing the shirt if you get some time!!!!

It was so nice to meet you yesterday...I am looking forward to catching up again.

Peta xo