Sunday, August 5, 2007

Busy week, big night out...

I was just looking at my blog thinking that I have somewhat abandoned it a little recently - I have just been so busy. This past week I have babysat a friend's kids (they were loads of fun, I taught them how to play Uno and we read lots of great stories together at bedtime!), been out for dinner with James' cousins whom he hasn't seen for 20 years, saw The Simpson's Movie, which was predictable but very funny, and a bit more adult than the TV show, went to the course I am doing for work on Wednesday night and took an hour to get home (grr, I hate traffic)
... and finally last night I went to a party at a funky little bar and caught up with lots of old friends whom I haven't seen for at least 6 months. I was pretty nervous actually but there's nothing a few (too many) glasses of wine can't help! A very dear friend who had a baby 3 months ago had her first night out after leaving her beautiful boy with her parents, and we had an absolute ball. My feet hurt from dancing, which is better than hurting from not dancing, and I got lots of compliments on the weight I have lost since I last saw all of the 'old crew' - *BLUSH*!
I am really suffering today though - I honestly believe hangovers get worse as you get older! It's a lovely day today though so I hope I can pull myself together enough to take in some sunshine and perhaps plant up a few things in the garden... Or just rug up and lie on the old banana lounge in the backyard with a book! Speaking of books, I read a wonderful young adult novel last weekend that I picked up at the Victorian English teachers conference called "So B. It" by Sarah Weeks - I was reading it in the spa at Lorne and having a good old weep! It's a beautiful story. Despite being for teenagers it's still a great read for grown ups too; I highly recommend it for anyone who likes to read about families and young people seeking to find where they belong in the world.

No energy to write anymore - I will endeavour to be more regular in my posts!

No comments: