Saturday, August 11, 2007

Saturday

Oh Saturday, the day I love!

The day I can do whatever I want.

Sleeping in, cuddles, going out for breakfast. Excessive wearing of pyjamas, reading the papers, coffee over-consumption, snoozing.

Saturday is the day I make plans to see friends and family, because during the week there is just no time.

Today I had breakfast with two girlfriends, one of whom has a 2 and a half month old son, Oliver.

This photo was taken after I had given Ollie his bottle while Claire had a cup of tea. He was getting cosy under a rug and smiling at me as he fell asleep. Yum, babies, they smell good and their smiles are better than rainbows and ponies and shooting stars. Gosh he's lovely!
Saturdays are for washing the sheets and hoping for sunshine so they can dry the real way.
Saturdays are the day I brave the bunny poo and clean up after my little munchkins and let them run around the yard while I do so. They are super-curious about why I am cleaning up their mess and like to sniff and climb around to let me know that they are watching.
Saturdays are browsing and walking days. Saturdays always feel better if they include sunshine.
Sometimes Saturdays are the going out evenings, which is rare but fun. And it's nice to know I can sleep in a little the next day!
And today, I am so excited, even more so than I was to see Claire and Oliver, because my best friend Mel is coming down from Bright and we are having a girls night, sans-wine, and a damn good catch up for the first time in probably about a year.
Oh how I love Saturdays!

No comments: