Friday, August 17, 2007

Monday

Well... here I am on a Friday writing about Monday. Hmm. Let's just say it's been a busy week and there have been some frustrations and tears, so I am going to keep this short and sweet. I don't like starting something & not finishing it.

Mondays are... A fresh start. I don't suffer from Mondayitis, as some people do. I like my Mondays at work, I have the afternoon to prepare the week ahead, which I should have done the previous Friday. We have yummy morning teas in our staffroom on a Monday. Two people bring far too much food - usually one brings sweet and the other brings savoury. AND the best thing is that I share a staffroom with Food Technology teachers (yes, that's what home economics teachers are called these days!) and some very keen chefs and foodies. Yum!


Mondays are nothing spectacular, but comfortable all the same. The weekend is too far away to be be bothered thinking about, and usually I am still thinking about the weekend that's just passed, on a Monday.


Monday gets its name from the Moon. The Japanese word for Monday is getsuyōbi (月曜日) which means day of the moon.

No comments: