Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Wednesday



Wednesday is...


A member of the Addams Family! Apparently, this name was inspired by the nursery rhyme "Monday's Child"... Wednesday's child is full of woe.


Wednesday is, according to the Hebrew Bible, the day when the Sun and Moon were created.

Wednesday is "Hump day" - once it's done, we are over the half-way hump and it's all downhill to the weekend!


Wednesday is the day I go to my course far, far away from home and spend an hour driving back to Richmond... such a long day, but only for one more week. (And totally worth it - it's been a while since I could sit for 90 minutes and listen intently to people talk)



Wednesday is a day I teach a variety of classes, therefore a day I wear a variety of "hats" - you know, the "English teacher's hat", and the "Drama teacher's hat", and the "I'm Pretending to be Super-Knowledgeable to Teach my Year 11s hat".



Wednesday is the day I wake up and don't think much of it at all.



Spicks and Specks night! Yay!



Wednesday is the day that the weekend seems close but perhaps not close enough.



Today, Wednesday involved some sunshine absorption, lots of talking, helping and learning.
A minor disagreement which blew out of proportion. A significant amount of time in the car.
An internal debate regarding whether to wear purple boots or black boots.
The discovery of a lump where a bug bit me after an adventure into a forest last weekend.
A very productive meeting, creative students, a visit from the Principal and another Principal from another school (lucky I had my "Look At Me, I'm A Great Teacher" Hat on!)... and a spot of laughter.

Stay tuned for the next instalment of 'Days of the Week'. You guessed it - Thursday!

I can't decide if 'Days of the Week' sounds more like a Playschool segment or a daytime soap?!



1 comment:

Daydream Lily said...

I like this post!! I was watching the add on TV last night about Wednesday...I think they are telstra ads? And thinking how it would make a cool blog.