Sunday, February 10, 2008

Keep your knickers nice!

I made this little underwear travel bag for my lovely friend Kate who does an awful lot of jetsetting about to see her fiancee & family. I wanted to make her something pretty and useful because she is only recently engaged and her fiancee is in India for work, so she is always living out of a suitcase!
Above is the bag stuffed with fabric - I guess this is what it will look like with undies in it! The sewing machine is my $1 gem from Jag's mum, who found it at a garage sale. I love it!
And this is my swing tag with the Spices for Violet stamp that Jag had made up for me as a surprise last week! I was so thrilled that it fits perfectly on the tags I got from Officeworks for my last market stall (which I think was 2 years ago...) The back of the tag reads "Keep your knickers nice - underwear travel bag, made for Kate with love".
... And this is how I packaged it up for her.
She was thrilled and her sister has put in an order for a handbag!!


Below : The mess of experimentation & excitement!

3 comments:

CurlyPops said...

That is such a sweet idea for a gift.

Drewzel said...

Lots of things to love in this post! Undie bag is a fab idea, I also love your sewing machine, a brown paper parcel, and your stamp on the tags looks great! YAY!

spices for violet said...

Thanks for the feedback! I have been thinking of how to improve the bag and would like to make more with various decorations, maybe they would sell at a market?
I love the stamp too!