Sunday, February 10, 2008

Message from across the seas...

OK, so the story goes that when I was in Paris in September/October, I came across this street performer. So impressed was I to see a French mime artist in Paris (on stilts too!) that I gave him some coins and he kissed my hand, then I took this picture.
Months later, once the photos had been posted online, the performer found this image on Flickr and left the comment, "cest moi!" (it's me!).
I wrote to him via Flickr mail, "Hello, How did you find the picture of yourself in my flickr collection?! It was great to see you performing in Paris - you kissed my hand!"
And today I got this response:
Désolé de répondre en français mais mon anglais est trop faible.
Je trouve la photo magnifique et suis content que ma performance vous ai plu.
I kind of knew what he was saying but I had to run it through a translator to check (which is always good for a laugh...) and got this:
Afflicted to answer in French but my English is too weak. I find the photograph splendid and am content that my performance liked to you.

The wonders of modern technology!

3 comments:

*BB* said...

Oh that is such a nice story! So nice that he found the photo and replied so sweetly. And I loooove translators. Google's is the best (at being quite simply shocking).

Robyn said...

It's such a small world, isn't it?! Doesn't that make you grateful you posted the pic, though?

And yes, I'm permanently at typepad, and I love it, but it does cost money. Thanks for visiting my blog! I hope to share stuff w/ you a lot!

PS. Love the knicker bag, too!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.