Wednesday, February 20, 2008

New ideas... New design

This bag was made for my lovely friend Angela as a birthday and farewell gift. She has just flown back to her hometown of South Queensferry, Edinburgh, Scotland, for 9 months.
The fabric is all new (from Spotlight) and I made up the pattern as I went along. I have never unpicked so many stitches - I made the same mistake twice! The logistics of sewing still baffle me sometimes.


I spent WAY TOO LONG making the little belt loops for it. I have now worked out a better way of gathering the bag with a 'belt'.
The inside pocket on the lining was so easy but such an essential thing for a handbag these days!
I learnt heaps making this bag... Can't wait to find time for another one with modifications... Spare time... what's that again?!

3 comments:

CurlyPops said...

That bag is really cute...love the floral fabric.

Aussie Jo said...

Great bag Stephanie, You did a fantastic job on this, love the design and fabric (I have a bit of a bag fetish myself)

Aunty Shabby said...

Well done on your bag! It is amazing how much you learn when you first start sewing - don't give up, it does get easier and more enjoyable!