Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Valentine's Day Polaroids

Ah what a lovely Valentine's Day!
ALOHA: Dashboard dancer broken... uh oh

MY STREET: Richmond. Slade Knitwear


ABOVE: The flowers I got for Valentine's Day


ABOVE: Me

ABOVE: My first Polaroid ever - Jag and I on Valentine's Day



ABOVE: The card I made for Jag for Valentine's Day. Machine-sewed vintage swap card and sheet music.


After months of talking about Polaroids, dropping hints about Polaroids, admiring Polaroids, researching Polaroids... I finally got one!! I have the greatest bf ever!
Ever since I was flowergirl at a wedding when I was four, I have wanted a Polaroid camera. Someone at the wedding had one and I was fascinated.
A week before Valentine's Day, Polaroid announced they would be stopping production of Polaroid film. There is only enough (estimated) to last in regular retail outlets until next year. Currently Polaroid users all over the world are signing petitions and discussing how to get another company on board to take over film production for Polaroid cameras.
If you would like to sign a petition, (please do!), click the link below:
"Request that Fujifilm manufacture Polaroid instant film types"

No comments: