Sunday, September 2, 2007

Creating my Owl Softie



This is from the pattern I pinched from Pip some weeks ago and have only just had access to a sewing machine today at my parents' place!

I haven't sewn anything this fiddly before and am eternally grateful to my step mum Rosemary for her patience and knowledge. The sewing machine did have a mind of its own at times and took off at great speeds, however for the most part the Owl is coming along well.

I got the fabric from a remnants bin in Spotlight for $1 and figured that if I mucked up the whole thing then I haven't lost much.

I am in the process of handsewing all the extra bits, and need to buy some stuffing to fill him up, and felt for his eyes.

So this is Paisley Owl, thus far...

3 comments:

Daydream Lily said...

this owl is looking good. I want to make an owl for my friend. Where can I get the pattern?

Is it on Pip's blog?

Liss

Daydream Lily said...

oo i cant wait to see it finshed. I found the pattern on meet me at mikes. thanks :-)

I think I will make it from some vintage material i have.

Anonymous said...

Hi, could you point me in the right direction to the pattern on meet me at mikes, i have searched and searched!! thanks so much!!!