Sunday, September 2, 2007

Wondrous Blogging... thanks Suzanne!

The wonders of blogging never cease...
I received the email below in response to my last post... and I am totally chuffed! To think that someone on the other side of the world likes to spend a little time reading the crafty-vintagey blogs that we all like to dabble in (or make things of worth & write on a regular basis... I know I fall into the "dabble" category!).
Thank you Suzanne for writing to me... I am very pleased. You must set up a blog!!
Here is the email she sent me:


Hellooooo ....

I am a (sadly, 'mature') student studying a textiles and surface design degree in England (how lucky am I?!!) ........ and I must confess I am an avid reader of the blogs which centre in and around Meet Me at Mikes. (can't help it - love all the stitching, vintage and crafty stuff going on!) ..... and am plucking up the courage to start my own blog! (so could only contact you by email -sorry)...

Anyway, I noticed you are about to come over to europe - and were asking about places to go. So I thought i'd just let you know some of my fave places in London and Paris - cos they are a bit designy and a little bit textiley....

In Paris the Musee D'Orsay (eat cake in the cafe right at the top under the clock!!!) is full of lovely stuff (I like it better than The Louvre) - and so is the Museum of Decorative Arts - which is free (round this area a walk along the Tuileries from the pyramid of the Louvre to the Arc de Triomphe is lovely) . There is also a little museum called the Cluny which has lovely bits in - and is worth a peek. But you MUST go for a wander round the little streets in the Latin Quarter cos its full of tiny lovely shops selling really lovely stuff. If you go here in the early evening the shops are open and the restaruants are just FAB! For real french vintage stuff The Saint-Ouen flea markets are a bit of a trail ..... but once there are amazing!!!!

In London (which bizarrely I have gone to less than Paris cos its cheaper to fly to Paris than to go down to London from up here in the north!) .... The Victoria and Albert Museum has just got the most gorgeous gorgeous stuff in it .......... (the cafe in the basement is nice!!) - and go to Liberty (just one of the best shops in London!) - all of their fabrics are based on their old old designs. And if you are in the Kings Road area - Designers Guild and Cath Kidston stores both sell the most gorgeous fabrics which are very vintagey and luvvllee and v v rouleaux in Sloane Square has ribbons to die for! The best bits and 'finds' are in the markets though - which no doubt your friends will take you to!

Anyway, I'll shutup (or I could bore you forever!)... Have a really lovely time..... (i'll keep my fingers crossed for the weather for you - it really has been quite tragic this year)!!!.

All the best!
Suzanne

No comments: